Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Doan worrie

On the upside; please note the following darling child utterance of the day.
"Heyayy, doan worrie. Doan worrie 'bout IT"
Ahhhhhhh. So sweet.

********

On the not upside... I am so annoyed. Came home late from work today -- bad mommy bad! -- Grandmother is head baby sitter. In the house find the following, 1 father, 1 grandfather, 1 grandmother and toddler. Is there any dinner for the child? No? Is it dinnertime, yes? It is well past dinnertime. This is ongoing thing, unfortunately, not an isolated incident.

I will likely spontaneously combust the next time I read about how hard it is for [insert auxiliary child care provider here, e.g. father] to deal with controlling mothers who just don't let other people do it their way. People you are driving me crazy; a little initiative, please... your way is invisible. I keep dumping all my organizational fetishes and what is it getting us?.... well, me, I am so annoyed. I'm having one of those dark days where it seems to be the conspiracy of the passive agressives to get me back to SAHMland ASAP. It's like 8 weeks everyone, can you get it together 'til then?

Yep, I am all ready for the wonder of Mother's Day.

4 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

ah, you and scarbiedoll are having the same kind of day - though she is blaming hormones, and I am not suggesting that that is at work here. That would annoy me too - kids need to eat, and it needs to be roughly on schedule, I quite agree.

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

It`s amazing, isn`t it? My visiting parents fed my kids DOUGHNUTS for dinner once, with my husband`s blessing, and blamed ME for "not being home to make dinner."

6:38 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I can see the husband forgetting dinner (something in their DNA makes them forget these things) but the Grandmother?! I'm shocked. They should have at least fed her chocolate.

8:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you. I never suspected that the most difficult part of motherhood (so far) would be these kind of things. It is just so disappointing and disillusioning. And my frustration only seems to make it worse, and the guilt, and on and on. It is really just unacceptable.

Any chance we are married to the same person?

5:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home